When working with parents and caregivers in an early intervention (birth to three years) setting, clinicians face several common challenges with regard to parent education. In this course, we will address 5 of the major challenges, and discuss strategies for working with parents and caregivers.
These challenges include:
1) establishing a relationship quickly and getting buy in from parents
2) conveying to parents that THEY are the agents of change in their household
3) guiding and supporting parents to understand what “play” is all about
4) coming up with new activities each session
5) helping parents see that they can use what they have to support their child’s development
2. Identify ways they can convey to parents that THEY are the agents of change in their household.
3. Identify ways they can guide and support parents to understand what “play” is all about.
4. Come up with new activities “on the fly,” and help parents see that they can use what they have to support their child’s development.
- Enroll in this course.
- Return to this course and click on “4. Watch Live Webinar” tab
at the designated Live Webinar time.
Need a Course Certificate?
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
- Check your email for Course Certificate
All presenters receive income from course purchases at XceptionalED.
Ayelet Marinovich is the creator and host of Learn With Less, a set of resources (including a podcast, blog, online parent education program, parenting books, audio, and an infant/toddler family enrichment program known as the Learn With Less curriculum) which
Ayelet Marinovich builds an audience for her free products by building an audience of parents, caregivers and professionals interested in learning more about her content.
Will I receive a Course Certificate?
YES ~ BY EMAIL
Achieve 80% on the quiz
Receive Certificate via email.
Save and/or Print your Course Certificate and maintain for your records.
*This site does not maintain a copy of your Course Certificates.
SLPs we have you covered!
ASHA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- XceptionalED Certificate courses can be submitted to ASHA as an acceptable professional development activity.
- Courses are eligible as Certificate Maintenance Hours (CMH)
- Course Certificate will be emailed to you after you achieve 80% on the quiz.
- Reference Links:
- ASHA Record Keeping Requirements:
- ASHA Registry and ACE Award:
XED is not an ASHA approved CE provider and our courses will not be submitted to the ASHA CE registry.
XceptionalED courses will not count towards the ASHA ACE Award.
- No worries:
Just Print and/or Save your Course Certificates to include as CMH (Certificate Maintenance Hours) towards Professional Development CEUs.
XED is an approved Continuing Professional Development Provider by the Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board for the State of California SLP.