In mid-March 2020 when Covid-19 closed local schools, Kate Ahern of AAC Voice sought to offer a few online groups for AAC users. As the weeks passed these courses turned into an online school that in the first sixteen weeks would serve over 100 children and young adults from across the USA and Canada as well as several other nations. The students attending showed gains in a variety of AAC and social skills. Caregivers also reported positive growth for themselves. Strong communities developed among caregivers and among the students. This course will focus on many aspects of the development and implementation of an online school for children and young adults who use AAC, from technology used, to lesson plan design.
- Be able to name three attributes that maximize learning for students with complex communication needs in an online environment.
- Be able to list three applications or games that can enhance learning in an online environment for learners with complex communication needs.
- Share design ideas for lesson plans for teaching children with complex communication needs online.
- Identify ways to differentiate lessons for children of various physical and communication abilities in an online class.
- Enroll in this course.
- Return to this course and click on “4. Watch Live Webinar” tab
at the designated Live Webinar time.
Need a Course Certificate?
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
- Check your email for Course Certificate
All presenters receive income from course purchases at XceptionalED.
Ms. Ahern receives compensation from consultation at a number of public schools. She also receives compensation through state grants and from caregivers of children who use AAC for services rendered. Ms. Ahern has no other relevant disclosures.
Will I receive a Course Certificate?
YES ~ BY EMAIL
Achieve 80% on the quiz
Receive Certificate via email.
Save and/or Print your Course Certificate and maintain for your records.
*This site does not maintain a copy of your Course Certificates.
SLPs we have you covered!
ASHA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- XceptionalED Certificate courses can be submitted to ASHA as an acceptable professional development activity.
- Courses are eligible as Certificate Maintenance Hours (CMH)
- Course Certificate will be emailed to you after you achieve 80% on the quiz.
- Reference Links:
- ASHA Record Keeping Requirements:
- ASHA Registry and ACE Award:
XED is not an ASHA approved CE provider and our courses will not be submitted to the ASHA CE registry.
XceptionalED courses will not count towards the ASHA ACE Award.
- No worries:
Just Print and/or Save your Course Certificates to include as CMH (Certificate Maintenance Hours) towards Professional Development CEUs.
XED is an approved Continuing Professional Development Provider by the Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board for the State of California SLP.