Common pitfalls speech-language pathologists and parents make when trying to help a child with CAS can be avoided! Over the years, while working with families, therapists, and students, we have had the opportunity to compile the most common unknowns or mistakes made when it comes to a motor based therapy approach. This presentation will cover the TOP 5 pitfalls in CAS treatment and how simple changes can change the direction of therapy and progress. These evidence-based tips will immediately change how therapists and parents think about their approach and decision making in therapy. Participants will leave with “AH-HA” moments and avoid these pitfalls when treating CAS.
1. Participants will choose functional targets to support a motor planning approach for CAS.
2. Participants will explain how ways to focus on movement rather than sounds for CAS therapy.
3. Participants will conduct cueing strategies to support a motor planning approach.
All presenters receive income from course purchases at XceptionalED. Jennie is the owner of and receives royalty income from Bjorem Speech Publications.
- Enroll in this course.
- Return to this course and click on “4. Watch Live Webinar” tab
at the designated Live Webinar time.
Need a Course Certificate?
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
- Check your email for Course Certificate
All instructors receive income from course purchases at XceptionalED.
Will I receive a Course Certificate?
YES ~ BY EMAIL
Achieve 80% on the quiz
Receive Certificate via email.
Save and/or Print your Course Certificate and maintain for your records.
*This site does not maintain a copy of your Course Certificates.
SLPs we have you covered!
ASHA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- XceptionalED Certificate courses can be submitted to ASHA as an acceptable professional development activity.
- Courses are eligible as Certificate Maintenance Hours (CMH)
- Course Certificate will be emailed to you after you achieve 80% on the quiz.
- Reference Links:
- ASHA Record Keeping Requirements:
- ASHA Registry and ACE Award:
XED is not an ASHA approved CE provider and our courses will not be submitted to the ASHA CE registry.
XceptionalED courses will not count towards the ASHA ACE Award.
- No worries:
Just Print and/or Save your Course Certificates to include as CMH (Certificate Maintenance Hours) towards Professional Development CEUs.
XED is an approved Continuing Professional Development Provider by the Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board for the State of California SLP.