Terms & Conditions
- XceptionalED (also referred to as XceptionalED) is a web-based service that provides professionals with an online marketplace to buy and sell course content as courses, supporting materials, and consultation through XED VIP Academy Memberships directly from and to each other, which may also consist of original digital materials created by the seller.
- Terms of Service/User Agreement (“Agreement”) governs access to and use of XceptionalED, located at www.XceptionalEd.com, in any capacity including the finding, buying, posting, selling, and sharing of Course Content, VIP Academy Resources, and materials.
- XceptionalED is intended for adults only. You must be 18 years or older to use this site; users under 18 are not authorized to use XceptionalED.
- Any person enrolled in a course is considered a “Learner” for the purpose.
- Any person creating Course Content is considered a “Leader”.
- “Course Content” is considered as any downloadable digital material (.pdf, word, excel, .jpg, .png, etc.), videos, powerpoint presentations, which are made available within a personal course library at the Xceptional ED website located at XceptionalEd.com.
- “VIP Academy Resources” is considered as any downloadable digital material (.pdf, word, excel, .jpg, .png, etc.), videos, powerpoint presentations, which are made available within a personal XED VIP Academy at the Xceptional ED website located at XceptionalEd.com.
- Course Content and VIP Academy Resources will refrain from explicit, or adult content, which does not support, represent, or educate in the positive mission of professional development.
- XceptionalED is not responsible to manage, maintain, or review, any content posted by Leaders at Xceptional ED.
- Access to Course Content and VIP Academy Resources may be disabled if the material is removed from XceptionalED, for example, by the original seller as a result of the original seller’s account being closed or the materials being removed in response to an intellectual property complaint or Digital Millennium Copyright Act notification.
- All Learners and Leaders are responsible to maintain professional interactions with other members, Leaders, and/or Learners with regards to comments, questions, and other interactions regarding their course content at XceptionalED.
- If there is a dispute between a Learner/Leader and any third party (including without limitation any member of visitor of XceptionalED), XceptionalED is under no obligation to become involved, and you hereby release XceptionalED from any claims, damages, of any kind and of any nature arising out of or relating to any such dispute.
- All Learners are expected to respect all other members and Leaders rights, beliefs, and opinions, within all website and course related communication.
A. Purchasing Courses
- Learners who wish to purchase Course Content through XceptionalED also must join XceptionalED as a member and complete their profile.
- You agree not to share your purchases with others. You agree not to post your purchased or freely downloaded contents and materials on the Internet.
- Course Content must be paid in full prior to access the course.
- You agree that XceptionalED may charge your credit card, PayPal or other account for any Course Content purchased.
- Fees for courses charged will reflect the name “XceptionalED”.
- You agree that purchase of Course Content to you does not transfer to you any commercial or promotional use rights. You agree that your use of XceptionalED (including your purchase of Course Content) constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to use XceptionalED and such Course Content solely in accordance with this Agreement, and that any other use of XceptionalED or Course Content and materials may violate copyright and other laws of the United States, other countries, as well as applicable state laws, and you may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use.
B. Certificate Maintenance Hours
- Certificate Maintenance Hour (CMH) courses are created with the highest standards for acceptance as credit hours for professional development.
- CMH are only offered courses which are 1 hour and longer and on 30 minute increments (1.0, 1.5, 2.0, etc).
- Contact your professional organization for specific requirements.
- ASHA – XceptionalED courses will qualify for certificate maintenance hours. Completing your compliance information is a simple affirmation of achievement and you will not need to list the course titles or information. However, we recommend you download and save Course Certificates in the event you are audited.
Here is a copy of the form you will complete when you are ready to report your Certificate Maintenance interval:
C. Refund Policy
- Technical issues: All Course Content sales are final. However, digital downloads may at times provide challenges, please contact us directly with regards to these special and rare situations.
- Course Content: XceptionalED invites feedback from course participants, instructors, and staff to provide enriching and valuable learning opportunities. Course attendees and instructors may be communicate recommendations, challenges, or requests in writing through the Course Evaluation form, or through our Contact Us link on the Xceptional Ed.com website. All issues and concerns will be addressed in a timely manner and with the highest satisfaction as our goal.
- As a content consumer, it is your responsibility to determine that you have the appropriate hardware/software to make use of Course content and that the content you are purchasing is legal and non-infringing. No refunds are available in these cases.
- Products removed from XceptionalED due to a complaint of copyright/trademark infringement, or for any other reason, are not eligible for a refund.
- XceptionalED may in its sole discretion make certain exceptions to this policy on a case-by-case basis.
- Individuals not satisfied with the course and requesting a refund, will be offered the opportunity of a full refund, and the course will be removed from the individual’s dashboard. The course participant will be invited to provide feedback about course presentation and content in the form of written complaints and can expect an email reply within the 2-4 business days. Full refund is an option, and subject to acceptance by the participant in lieu of a course completion certificate.
- Live Course Webinars: If XceptionalED must cancel the live course webinar for any reason, a full refund of registration cost will be issued within two weeks of cancellation. No other remuneration will be issued. No refunds will be issued if a Learner is unable to attend the Live Course Webinar. Instead, a code will be made available when the exact course is made available as a Self-Study course at XceptionalED.com. Individuals not satisfied with the course and requesting a refund, will be offered the opportunity of a full refund, however, will not receive CEU credit. The course participant will be invited to provide feedback about course presentation and content in the form of written complaints and can expect an email reply within the 2-4 business days. Full refund is an option, and subject to acceptance by the participant in lieu of course credit.
F. General Agreements
- By accepting these Terms of Service, you (Learner) agree to be bound by our Copyright Policy, which is by this reference expressly incorporated into this Agreement.
- XceptionalED does not discriminate in its educational programs or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, disability or handicap, sex or gender (including pregnancy, sexual harassment and other sexual misconduct including acts of sexual violence such as rape, sexual assault, sexual exploitation and coercion), gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Retaliation is also prohibited.
- XceptionalED abides by state/federal laws regarding sexual harassment.
- XceptionalED reserves the right to suspend or terminate, or take any other action or remedy that we deem reasonable, appropriate, or necessary, in our sole discretion, with respect to your Account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason. If we terminate your account, your right to use XceptionalED will immediately cease.
- You may terminate your Account at any time and for any reason, and we will make available through XceptionalED reasonable means for you to do so. When these terms come to an end, those terms that by their nature are intended to continue indefinitely will continue to apply, including but not limited to, ownership provisions, licenses, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.