Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other special needs often struggle with social skill development. This training will explore utilizing play-based interventions to increase skill development in children with ASD and related special needs. The benefits of play-based interventions will be explored, strategies for creating play-based interventions will be discussed, and several interventions designed to improve social skills will be highlighted and demonstrated.
1. Explain the benefits of using play-based interventions for increasing social development.
2. Describe how to create play-based interventions to address social skill deficits.
3. List three play based social skill interventions.
- Enroll in this course.
- Return to this course and click on “Watch Live Webinar” at the designated time.
Need a Course Certificate?
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
- Check your email for Course Certificate
Will I receive a Course Certificate?
YES ~ BY EMAIL
Achieve 80% on the quiz
Receive Certificate via email.
Save and/or Print your Course Certificate and maintain for your records.
*This site does not maintain a copy of your Course Certificates.
SLPs we have you covered!
ASHA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- XceptionalED Certificate courses can be submitted to ASHA as an acceptable professional development activity.
- Courses are eligible as Certificate Maintenance Hours (CMH)
- Course Certificate will be emailed to you after you achieve 80% on the quiz.
- Reference Links:
- ASHA Record Keeping Requirements:
- ASHA Registry and ACE Award:
XED is not an ASHA approved CE provider and our courses will not be submitted to the ASHA CE registry.
XceptionalED courses will not count towards the ASHA ACE Award.
- No worries:
Just Print and/or Save your Course Certificates to include as CMH (Certificate Maintenance Hours) towards Professional Development CEUs.
This course is approved for AZDHS continuing education credit.
XED is an approved Continuing Professional Development Provider by the Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board for the State of California SLP.