With the importance and focus on pre‐vocational planning ever growing, educators, therapists and parents are left wondering where and how to begin! Currently, middle school and high school educators – along with parents – are faced with the challenge to plan for transition. Districts are working with teams to create strong, consistent transition plans that meet the diverse challenges of many students beginning in the middle school years. Many educators, parents and therapists find themselves struggling with creating a consistent plan that meets the needs of building a strong vocational skill set for all young adults. Through implementation of a foundation focused on the categories of job readiness, clerical, retail, food service and grocery, education teams are able to develop a plan that can be implemented across a variety of settings. Although basic, these experiences and opportunities help young adults determine what they want to do for employment post high school. This webinar is designed to help by introducing I Can Work!, a 5 module hands-on curriculum paired with visual supports and data collection systems all designed to build a strong, consistent, pre-vocational foundation for all individuals.
1. Participants will review a multitude of ways to introduce and reinforce vocational awareness opportunities and activities in the areas of job readiness, clerical, food service, grocery and retail in a variety of settings.
2. Participants will learn the benefits of vocabulary development as well as role playing and video modeling related to work-focused situations;
3. Participants will review the importance of pre-vocational tracking paired with reflections as well as review a variety of vocational data collection systems;
4. Participants will learn how to modify & adapt a variety of vocationally focused opportunities & tasks to meet the range of needs for all individuals.
- Enroll in this course.
- Return to this course and click on “4. Watch Live Webinar” tab
at the designated Live Webinar time.
Need a Course Certificate?
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
- Check your email for Course Certificate
All presenters receive income from course purchases at XceptionalED.
Angie receives royalty income from all purchases of I Can Work! Therapro Products.
Will I receive a Course Certificate?
YES ~ BY EMAIL
Achieve 80% on the quiz
Receive Certificate via email.
Save and/or Print your Course Certificate and maintain for your records.
*This site does not maintain a copy of your Course Certificates.
SLPs we have you covered!
ASHA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- XceptionalED Certificate courses can be submitted to ASHA as an acceptable professional development activity.
- Courses are eligible as Certificate Maintenance Hours (CMH)
- Course Certificate will be emailed to you after you achieve 80% on the quiz.
- Reference Links:
- ASHA Record Keeping Requirements:
- ASHA Registry and ACE Award:
XED is not an ASHA approved CE provider and our courses will not be submitted to the ASHA CE registry.
XceptionalED courses will not count towards the ASHA ACE Award.
- No worries:
Just Print and/or Save your Course Certificates to include as CMH (Certificate Maintenance Hours) towards Professional Development CEUs.
XED is an approved Continuing Professional Development Provider by the Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board for the State of California SLP.