In this session, we will explore ideas for creating an environment that fosters modeling of AAC. We will discuss ideas for creating and using core and fringe vocabulary supports across multiple environments (e.g. at home, in the classroom, on the playground, at the pool, on the beach, and out in the community). We will also talk about ideas for fostering buy-in of families and school teams to increase both their motivation to model and the quality of their modeling. Finally, we will review the importance of providing and modeling quick and meaningful language for social communication.
1. Name at least 3 options for creating large indoor core word displays
2. Describe at least 3 methods of creating core word boards that can be used to model when in water or during messy play.
3. State 3 ideas for increasing team buy-in of modeling AAC
4. Provide at least 3 pre-programmed phrases that might be included an a robust AAC system and explain why each phrase should be included and modeled.
- Enroll in this course.
- Return to this course and click on “4. Watch Live Webinar” tab
at the designated Live Webinar time.
Need a Course Certificate?
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
- Check your email for Course Certificate
All instructors receive income from course purchases at XceptionalED.
Lauren receives speaking fees or honoraria as compensation for presentations and workshops.
Occasionally, Lauren receive codes for apps or demo products for the purpose of trialing those apps or products with students (prior to recommending apps or equipment). On occasion, she receives apps or products free of charge so she can review the provided products and share opinions about those products via professional social media accounts.
Will I receive a Course Certificate?
YES ~ BY EMAIL
Achieve 80% on the quiz
Receive Certificate via email.
Save and/or Print your Course Certificate and maintain for your records.
*This site does not maintain a copy of your Course Certificates.
SLPs we have you covered!
ASHA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- XceptionalED Certificate courses can be submitted to ASHA as an acceptable professional development activity.
- Courses are eligible as Certificate Maintenance Hours (CMH)
- Course Certificate will be emailed to you after you achieve 80% on the quiz.
- Reference Links:
- ASHA Record Keeping Requirements:
- ASHA Registry and ACE Award:
XED is not an ASHA approved CE provider and our courses will not be submitted to the ASHA CE registry.
XceptionalED courses will not count towards the ASHA ACE Award.
- No worries:
Just Print and/or Save your Course Certificates to include as CMH (Certificate Maintenance Hours) towards Professional Development CEUs.
XED is an approved Continuing Professional Development Provider by the Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board for the State of California SLP.