Please Scroll Down
Please Click To Print Certificates
- Therapeutic Gamification Apps for Speech Therapy: Features, Strategies, and Fun!
- AAC Apps Update 2018
- Have Fun Teaching AAC With Augmented Reality, Green Screen, and More!
- Assessing Individual AAC Skills in Schools
- Using Songboards to Support Communication: Focused on AAC
- Golden Rules of AAC Competency In a New Era of Communication
- Engaging Students with Literacy Apps
- APPsolutely Engaging Apps for Teaching Speech & Language
Nikki Heyman qualified as a speech therapist and audiologist in Johannesburg, South Africa. She initially worked in a hospital setting as a speech therapist and audiologist. She realized that her passion was working with children and she worked in a number of different special education schools. She completed a post graduate diploma in Remedial Education (cum laude) through the University of Johannesburg. Through her blog, and social media she connected with therapists all over the world . Although there were many SLPs using apps, the literature on using apps, particularly with children who do not have complex communication needs was sparse. Nikki’s research on the use of apps in clinical practice was awarded cum laude. She has an interest in autism and forms part of a multidisciplinary team that administers the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2) at the Charlotte Maxeke Hospital in Johannesburg, South Africa.
B.A Speech Pathology and Audiology (WITS); Rem Ed (Cum Laude) (UJ); M.A. Speech Pathology (Cum Laude) (WITS)