- Therapeutic Gamification Apps for Speech Therapy: Features, Strategies, and Fun!
- AAC Apps Update 2018
- An Overview of Smarty Ears apps for Speech Therapy
- Have a Special App Idea? 4 SLPs Share Their App Creation Success Stories
- Social Media: Apps For Personal, Professional, and Ethical SLPs
- Taking Therapy to the Next Level with Tactus Therapy
- Useful Speech-Language Apps for Telepractice
- Spotlight on Speech Apps for Students
- Dysphagia App-titude: Use of Apps in the Assessment and Treatment of Swallowing Disorders
- Apps for Bilingual SLPs: Evaluation and Therapy
- Have Fun Teaching AAC With Augmented Reality, Green Screen, and More!
Lucas Steuber, MA Applied Linguistics, MS CCC/SLP, is a Linguist and Speech-Language Pathologist based out of Portland, OR. He specializes in forms of communication that are alternatives to oral speech, such as augmentative/alternative systems (AAC).
In his capacity as researcher and clinician, Lucas has published on topics as diverse as language disorders in Schizophrenia to the potential that naturalistic social environments are more effective than 1:1 therapy for certain intervention.Lucas brings his experience to bear as a consultant to a wide variety of educational technology firms as well as to his own initiative as co-founder of the website and podcast network SpeechScience.org. He is best known clinically for his construction and deployment of ad-hoc assistive technology, particularly eye gaze communication systems, and was the first clinician to develop a functional eye tracking system using Apple’s OSX.
He is the director of Clinical Research and Development for the Indian tech startup firm Avaz, co-creating an application that was honored 5/13/16 with Best of Show at CES in China, and serves as CEO of SpeechScience.org, an educational content network, where he is best known for co charing a podcast Talking With Tech that reaches as much as 1/5 of the world’s SLPs.Recently, Lucas has elected to dedicate his energy to a new position as Clinical Director and Head of Recruitment and Legislative Advocacy for the training and consulting startup AAC Live. In this role he will bring his connections and esxpertise to build the infrastructure for distance consulting in the field of augmentative and alternative communication.In addition, he holds positions in the strategic planning and core working groups of the Autism Society of America and serves in a variety of advisory roles for both United States and international Speech-Language Pathology licensing bodies.
|Education - Highest Degree||
MA and MS