This hour long webinar was created as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic which finds people self quarantining themselves in their homes to prevent the spread of the virus. The hosts of the Talking With Tech podcast offer practical tips, strategies, activities, and ideas for how to create a daily routine which includes the implementation of augmentative/alternative communication devices. The presenters provide different activities that can be plugged into a daily routine by moving hour by hour through the day. Perfect for families or educators supporting families, this webinar helps provide continuity in language growth as families face extended time away from a structured school setting.
- Learn how to develop and plan a schedule of activities all day long centered around exposing children to a number of core vocabulary words.
- Identify three different activities communication partners can participate in with children who are learning language through the use of augmentative/alternative communication devices.
- Explore three different activities to help people who are learning language through the use of an augmentative/alternative communication device practice the skills of reading and writing.
- Enroll in this course.
- Return to this course and click on “4. Watch Webinar”
Need a Course Certificate?
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
- Check your email for Course Certificate
All presenters receive income from course purchases at XceptionalED.
Chris Bugaj is a co-host of the Talking With Podcast and receives honorariums for speaking as well as royalties from authored books.
She is also a ember of ASHA, SIG 12, CSHA , provides App Consulting (EQTainment, Moment AR), and occasionally receives free apps and products.
Will I receive a Course Certificate?
YES ~ BY EMAIL
Achieve 80% on the quiz
Receive Certificate via email.
Save and/or Print your Course Certificate and maintain for your records.
*This site does not maintain a copy of your Course Certificates.
SLPs we have you covered!
ASHA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- XceptionalED Certificate courses can be submitted to ASHA as an acceptable professional development activity.
- Courses are eligible as Certificate Maintenance Hours (CMH)
- Course Certificate will be emailed to you after you achieve 80% on the quiz.
- Reference Links:
- ASHA Record Keeping Requirements:
- ASHA Registry and ACE Award:
XED is not an ASHA approved CE provider and our courses will not be submitted to the ASHA CE registry.
XceptionalED courses will not count towards the ASHA ACE Award.
- No worries:
Just Print and/or Save your Course Certificates to include as CMH (Certificate Maintenance Hours) towards Professional Development CEUs.
XED is an approved Continuing Professional Development Provider by the Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board for the State of California SLP.