Brought To You By:
Brett Heising, the founder and CEO of Brett Approved, shares how he created and funded his travel site dedicated to people with disabilities.
Filling the need to identify accessible destinations came out of his personal experience and challenges regarding wheelchair accessibility during his professional travel related to public affairs, journalism, and public relations.
In this episode, he shares his success with an Arizona business accelerator program and obtaining $1M in individual investor funding.
He discusses the steps to seeking capital including pre-money valuations, a pro-forma, and identifying private investors.
- What can I do to truly make a difference… leveraging my background?
- Websites are like children, they must be nourished and protected so they can grow.
- How did I find my funding? Tireless, tireless perseverance.
- Find organizations (where you live) that can assist you.
- Don’t be afraid to work… no one on the planet will care (about your idea) more than you do.
- Go to brettapproved.com, create a free account and review some places!
The Virginia G. Piper Sports and Fitness Center for Persons with Disabilities (SpoFit)
United Cerebral Palsy of Central Arizona
Phoenix Mayor’s Commission on Disability
Special thanks to Brett Heising or joining us!
Music Credit: Scott Holmes Music Corporate-Business
Podcast Production: Porchlight Family Media