Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is a research-based intervention that uses the principles of reinforcement and consequences to make significant changes for individuals. Many people believe that ABA is supposed to occur at a table in a 1:1 setting, but that does not always need to be the case. Therapist, caregivers and school professionals can also teach and generalize skills in the community through shaping. The ability to build these skills in the community can affect the individual’s success in getting a haircut, visiting a doctor’s office, getting your fingernails/toenails cut, and shopping at a store. During this presentation, we will talk about what principles of ABA can be used to build these skills, how to prepare ahead of time for teaching the skill and how to collect data over time to track progress.
1. Identify and define what it means to shape a behavior.
2. Explain how to prepare and plan for a shaping protocol.
3. Define how to collect data during the protocol to ensure growth and success.
- Enroll in this course.
- Return to this course and click on “4. Watch Live Webinar” tab
at the designated Live Webinar time.
Need a Course Certificate?
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
- Check your email for Course Certificate
All presenters receive income from course purchases at XceptionalED.
Will I receive a Course Certificate?
YES ~ BY EMAIL
Achieve 80% on the quiz
Receive Certificate via email.
Save and/or Print your Course Certificate and maintain for your records.
*This site does not maintain a copy of your Course Certificates.
SLPs we have you covered!
ASHA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- XceptionalED Certificate courses can be submitted to ASHA as an acceptable professional development activity.
- Courses are eligible as Certificate Maintenance Hours (CMH)
- Course Certificate will be emailed to you after you achieve 80% on the quiz.
- Reference Links:
- ASHA Record Keeping Requirements:
- ASHA Registry and ACE Award:
XED is not an ASHA approved CE provider and our courses will not be submitted to the ASHA CE registry.
XceptionalED courses will not count towards the ASHA ACE Award.
- No worries:
Just Print and/or Save your Course Certificates to include as CMH (Certificate Maintenance Hours) towards Professional Development CEUs.
XED is an approved Continuing Professional Development Provider by the Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board for the State of California SLP.