Considering teletherapy but wondering where to begin? You have heard and/or read about it, but where should you go to find the information you need to get started? This course discussed the necessary equipment needed to provide professional teletherapy services from home, and summarized the precautions necessary to meet HIPAA standards while providing teletherapy services. It also described how to locate teletherapy licensure required by each state, and formulate questions to ask a teletherapy company when applying for an employment opportunity.
States approved for CEU: AZ, CA
Presenter: Tracy Sippl M.S., CCC-SLP
1. List the necessary equipment needed to provide professional teletherapy services from home.
2. Summarize the precautions necessary to meet HIPAA standards while providing teletherapy services.
3. Describe how to locate teletherapy licensure required by each state.
4. Formulate questions to ask a teletherapy company when applying for an employment opportunity.
5 minutes— Introduction, Disclosures
10 minutes—Pre-Test Questions
5 minutes— Evidence Based Practice
10 minutes—Teletherapy Venues
15 minutes—Teletherapy Types, Equipment, & Internet
15 minutes—HIPAA Compliance
15 minutes—Suggestions During Teletherapy
10 minutes— Questions to Ask
15 minutes—Teletherapy Materials
15 minutes— References, Resources, and My Recommendations
5 minutes— Questions
Financial/Non-Financial Disclosures: Tracy sells therapy materials on TeachersPayTeachers website. She provides teletherapy consultation services. She will receive monetary benefits from the purchasing of this course. She also has published content in the ASHA Leader, ASHASphere, ASHA’s Blog, and provided voluntary teletherapy trainings at the university level.
- Sign up for this course.
- Return to this course and click on “Start Course”.
- To obtain a Course Certificate
- Complete the Course Evaluation
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
No Reviews found for this course.