Social media apps can be used in a variety of ways: building a professional network, furthering clinical knowledge, and connecting clinicians on a personal level. This session will highlight current apps, focusing on usage, messaging, and target audiences. The panelists will also discuss the challenges associated with maintaining professional best practices and ethical considerations.
States approved for CEU: AZ, CA
Moderator: Mai Ling Chan MS, CCC-SLP
DANIELLE REED M.S., CCC-SLP
SUSAN BERKOWITZ MS-CCC-SLP, MEd
- Distinguish between popular social media apps as they correlate to professional resources and tools.
- Identify social media best practice strategies for maintaining ASHA Codes of Ethics with regards to patient welfare, reputation, and integrity of the profession.
15 minutes – Individual Panelist Spotlight
35 minutes – Review of specific social media apps (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook)
5 minutes – Questions
This course was originally offered as part of the Special Apps Update 2018 Online Conference sponsored by Smarty Ears.
All presenters receive income from course library purchases at XceptionalED.
Susan Berkowitz receives financial support from the sale of her apps on iTunes and curriculum sales on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Danielle Reed receives income as co-founder of XceptionalED.com and product royalties from her blog Sublime Speech.
- Sign up for this course.
- Return to this course and click on “Start Course”
- To obtain a Course Certificate
- Complete the Course Evaluation
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
No Reviews found for this course.