Special Apps Update Conference
FREE LIVE WEBINAR:
See all Conference Info here: www.specialappsupdate.com
Friday 3/29/19 6:30PM PST / 9:30PM EST
*Space is limited
This one-hour implementation class focuses on how to use fun and engaging apps to help an individual learn core words and learn how to put words together on an augmentative/alternative communication (AAC) device.
Apps that can be used to target the following language objectives will be reviewed:
1) directing activities with verbs and prepositions
2) describing with adjectives
3) making comments with interjections.
In addition, common core standards and extension activities related to these apps and language objectives will be discussed. Direct instruction and app demonstration will be used to cover these principles. This is a beginner to intermediate class for those who are implementing AAC systems. This class is intended for those who work with emerging and intermediate communicators who use AAC.
States approved for CEU: CA
Number of hours: 1.0
1. Identify apps that target core vocabulary and teach individuals how to direct activities, describe, and make comments.
2. Describe ways to use apps to increase single word core vocabulary.
3. Name one extension activity related to each goal.
Jane is employed by and has ownership interest in Prentke Romich Company.
- From the top right of this course page click on “Start Course“
- Click on “Join Webinar”
- Obtain a Course Certificate:
- Return to this course
- Click on “Continue Course”
- Click on “Start Quiz”
- Complete the “Course Evaluation”
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
- Click on “Finish Course”
The recorded version of live webinars will be posted approximately 24-48 hours after the completion of the live webinar.
Replay videos will only be available until 9:00PM PST/11:59PM EST, Sunday 4/7/19, following the conference to allow you to watch the recorded version.
“Live” Course Certificates:
If you need “LIVE” on your Course Certificate you must complete the Quiz within 24 hours of the Live Webinar.