There is more than one way to create a software application. SLP panelists will share their distinctly different personal success stories from idea conception through development, challenges, and highlight useful app features.
States approved for CEU: AZ, CA
Moderator: Mai Ling Chan, M.S., CCC-SLP
MARY HUSTON MS, CCC-SLP
GIVONA SANDIFORD Ph.D., CCC-SLP
YAO DU M.A., CCC-SLP
EMILY AHERN RCSLT
- Recognize and discuss the importance of including a speech and language professional as part of a speech/language software application development team.
- Discuss specific app features which are useful in clinical application with clients with special needs.
5 Minutes – History of Special Education Apps- Mai Ling
20 minutes – Individual Panelist Spotlight
25 minutes – Guided Q & A Discussion
5 minutes – Questions
This course was originally offered as part of the Special Apps Update 2018 Online Conference sponsored by Smarty Ears.
All presenters receive income from course library purchases at XceptionalED.
Yao Du receives income from the app “eSLUMS”.
Dr. Sandiford is the developer and holds the trademark to Melodic Based Communication Therapy (M.B.C.T.) which is the basis for some of the apps she developed which may be used as examples for app design in this course. Other apps developed by Dr. Sandiford may also be used as examples of app design in this course.
Dr. Sandiford is the CEO of MeloComm Speech and Language Therapy, a company which makes apps to help treat speech and language impairments.
Mary Huston receive royalties for Smarty Ears apps which she has authored.
- Sign up for this course.
- Return to this course and click on “Start Course”
- To obtain a Course Certificate
- Complete the Course Evaluation
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz