Building on a foundation of 30 years of research and adding personal expertise focused on AAC competency, Talking With Tech panel presenters highlight essential AAC skills which are relevant to both children and adults in this fast paced era of technology and social communication.
States approved for 1 hour CEU: CA
Moderator: Mai Ling Chan, M.S., CCC-SLP
RACHEL MADEL M.A., CCC-SLP
CHRIS BUGAJ MA, CCC-SLP
LUCAS STEUBER MS, CCC-SLP, MA-T
- Identify essential AAC Competency skills for individuals with complex communication needs who require augmentative and alternative communication.
- Recognize and define effective measures of AAC competence.
15 Introduction and Individual Panelist Info
5 Minutes – History of AAC Competency Definition
35 minutes – Guided Q & A Discussion
5 minutes – Questions
All presenters receive income from course library purchases at XceptionalED.
Rachel Madel receives financial compensation for the paid products on her site. She has also consulted on an augmented reality app “Moments” by Color Black.
Lucas Steuber is Global Product Director of Tobii Dynavox, is a member of Talking with tech Podcast, and receives financial compensation from software applications he has created.
Chris Bugaj is a member of Talking With Tech Podcast.
Lucas Steuber, Chris Bugaj, and Rachel Madel receive advertising revenue from the Talking With Tech Podcast.
1. Sign up for this course.
2. Return to this course and click on “Start Course”.
3. To obtain a Course Certificate
4. Complete the Course Evaluation
5. Achieve 80% on the Quiz
6. Click on “Finish Course”