Mr. Fred Rogers once said, “Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children, play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.” In this session, we will examine how a set of engaging and open-ended mobile apps can become a play-based and versatile part of any speech and language “toolbox”. Apps shared will come from a variety of categories including those that foster imagination and role play, silly photo filter apps, augmented reality (AR) apps, story creation apps and more. We will discuss creative and “out-of-the-box” ways of using these apps to help our students meet their speech and language goals while having fun.
New apps are highlighted in comparison to my AAC After Work 2018 course, Have Fun Teaching AAC With Augmented Reality, Green Screen, and More!
States approved for CEU: CA
Number of hours: 1.0
- Identify at least 3 new apps that he or she will download and use with students following the conference.
- Provide a definition of the term augmented reality (AR) app.
- Explain how a specific AR app demonstrated during the session will increase lesson engagement by appealing to a specific student interest.
- Describe how they would use an AR make-up, hair, or eye color app to work on a speech or language goal.
- Give one example of a speech or language lesson that could be made more engaging using a green screen app.
All presenters receive income from course library purchases at XceptionalED.
I receive speaking fees or honoraria as compensation for some of the presentations and workshops I deliver.
Occasionally, I receive codes for apps or demo products for the purpose of trialing those apps or products with students (prior to recommending apps or equipment). On occasion, I am given apps or products free of charge so that I can review the provided products and share my opinions about those products on my professional social media accounts.
- Sign up for this course.
- Return to this course and click on “Start Course”.
- To obtain a Course Certificate
- Complete the Course Evaluation
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
- Click on “Finish Course”
The recorded version of live webinars will be posted approximately 24-48 hours after the completion of the live webinar.
Replay videos will only be available until 9:00PM PST/11:59PM EST, Sunday 4/7/19, following the conference to allow you to watch the recorded version.
“Live” Course Certificates:
If you need “LIVE” on your Course Certificate you must complete the Quiz within 24 hours of the Live Webinar.