Special Apps Update Conference
FREE LIVE WEBINAR:
See all Conference Info here: www.specialappsupdate.com
Tuesday 3/28/19 6PM PST / 8PM EST
Mr. Fred Rogers once said, “Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children, play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.” In this session, we will examine how a set of engaging and open-ended mobile apps can become a play-based and versatile part of any speech and language “toolbox”. Apps shared will come from a variety of categories including those that foster imagination and role play, silly photo filter apps, augmented reality (AR) apps, story creation apps and more. We will discuss creative and “out-of-the-box” ways of using these apps to help our students meet their speech and language goals while having fun.
States approved for CEU: CA
Number of hours: 1.0
- Identify at least 3 new apps that he or she will download and use with students following the conference.
- Provide a definition of the term augmented reality (AR) app.
- Explain how a specific AR app demonstrated during the session will increase lesson engagement by appealing to a specific student interest.
- Describe how they would use an AR make-up, hair, or eye color app to work on a speech or language goal.
- Give one example of a speech or language lesson that could be made more engaging using a green screen app.
All presenters receive income from course library purchases at XceptionalED.
I receive speaking fees or honoraria as compensation for some of the presentations and workshops I deliver.
Occasionally, I receive codes for apps or demo products for the purpose of trialing those apps or products with students (prior to recommending apps or equipment). On occasion, I am given apps or products free of charge so that I can review the provided products and share my opinions about those products on my professional social media accounts.
- From the top right of this course page click on “Start Course“
- Click on “Join Webinar”
- Obtain a Course Certificate:
- Return to this course
- Click on “Continue Course”
- Click on “Start Quiz”
- Complete the “Course Evaluation”
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
- Click on “Finish Course”
The recorded version of live webinars will be posted approximately 24-48 hours after the completion of the live webinar.
Replay videos will only be available until 9:00PM PST/11:59PM EST, Sunday 4/7/19, following the conference to allow you to watch the recorded version.
“Live” Course Certificates:
If you need “LIVE” on your Course Certificate you must complete the Quiz within 24 hours of the Live Webinar.