It is challenging to stay current on Augmentative and Alternative Communication software applications. Panelists will share their expert recommendations with an emphasis on app features and best practices for integration in clinical practice.
States approved for CEU: AZ, CA
Moderator: Mai Ling Chan, M.S., CCC-SLP
RACHEL MADEL M.A., CCC-SLP
CHRIS BUGAJ MA, CCC-SLP
LUCAS STEUBER MS, CCC-SLP, MA-T
- List five (5) software applications available at this time for individual purchase and use as a high tech Augmentative and Alternative Communication devices.
- Discuss specific app features which support the clinical integration of AAC apps with clients with special needs.
- Summarize best practice strategies to increase opportunities for expressive language success using AAC apps.
5 Minutes – History of AAC Apps
20 minutes – Individual Panelist Spotlight
25 minutes – Guided Q & A Discussion
5 minutes – Questions
All presenters receive income from course library purchases at XceptionalED.
Rachel Madel receives financial compensation for the paid products on her site. She has also consulted on an augmented reality app “Moments” by Color Black.
Lucas Steuber receives financial compensation from software applications he has created.
Chris Bugaj is a member of Talking With Tech Podcast.
Lucas Steuber, Chris Bugaj, and Rachel Madel receive advertising revenue from the Talking With Tech Podcast.
This course is sponsored by the Center for AAC & Autism, as part of the Special Apps Update 2018 Online Conference sponsored by Smarty Ears.
There is no relationship to the content shared within the course.
- Sign up for this course.
- Return to this course and click on “Start Course”
- To obtain a Course Certificate
- Complete the Course Evaluation
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz