A common condition among professionals working with students with social learning needs is that caseloads are growing. It seems we’re always juggling a diverse level of treatment and educational needs. Being a ‘boots on the ground’ therapist often means we are switching between multiple types of intervention & instruction within our work week. Often the idea of expanding our practice to provide more depth and breadth in our treatment of social communication disorders can seem overwhelming.
Additionally, many of our professional education and training programs did not provide a focus on social cognitive interventions. But don’t fear! Adding a more robust social communication program to your treatment day is possible.
By becoming more aware of a growing bank of resources, analyzing your overall caseload, and using strategies to restructure your social groups you can be more effective in treating the social pragmatic needs of our students.
1. Participants will be able to identify foundational principles of social learning weaknesses and how this informs a therapeutic approach.
2. Participants will be able to associate various instructional resources with the specific social learning needs of students or clients.
3. Participants will be able to list key strategies for arranging students in specific social learning and instructional groups.
4. Participants will be able to identify common workplace barriers to successful implementation of social communication intervention.
- Enroll in this course.
- Return to this course and click on “4. Watch Live Webinar” tab
at the designated Live Webinar time.
Need a Course Certificate?
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
- Check your email for Course Certificate
All instructors receive income from course purchases at XceptionalED.
SLPs we have you covered!
ASHA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- XceptionalED Certificate courses can be submitted to ASHA as an acceptable professional development activity.
- Courses are eligible as Certificate Maintenance Hours (CMH)
- Course Certificate will be emailed to you after you achieve 80% on the quiz.
- Reference Links:
- ASHA Record Keeping Requirements:
- ASHA Registry and ACE Award:
XED is not an ASHA approved CE provider and our courses will not be submitted to the ASHA CE registry.
XceptionalED courses will not count towards the ASHA ACE Award.
- No worries:
Just Print and/or Save your Course Certificates to include as CMH (Certificate Maintenance Hours) towards Professional Development CEUs.
XED is an approved Continuing Professional Development Provider by the Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board for the State of California SLP.