Kristi Wees MS Chem
(Click here to learn more)
AUTISM ONLINE CONFERENCE
CEU Approved: CA
Number of hours: 1 hour
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Course Price: $25.00
In this course, Kristi Wees, a pediatric patient advocate and Master’s degreed chemist, will explore some of the biochemical underpinnings of behavior which will cause many professionals to pause and consider other possibilities outside of the diagnostic box for autism. When one reads the diagnostic criteria for Autism, they will quickly realize there is only one biological criteria for the diagnosis: age.
- Describe how gastrointestinal conditions can impact behavior in children with autism and what those behaviors may look like that could signal a potential underlying gastrointestinal red flag.
- Identify neurological co-occurring medical concerns such as seizures in the autistic population and how to advocate for testing and an investigation into these concerns.
- Describe the potential immune system and neuro-immune concerns for an individual with autism and how they can be identified.
- Define what a mitochondrial disease/dysfunction is and how it could impact the health and behavior of an individual with autism.
- Enroll in this course.
- Return to this course and click on “4. Watch Live Webinar” tab
at the designated Live Webinar time.
Need a Course Certificate?
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
- Check your email for Course Certificate
All instructors receive income from course purchases at XceptionalED.
Kristi Wees is the owner and Chief Patient Advocacy Officer of www.EmpoweredAdvocacy.com and provides both free and paid resources for families and professionals from electronic products offered on that website.
Will I receive a Course Certificate?
YES ~ BY EMAIL
Achieve 80% on the quiz
Receive Certificate via email.
Save and/or Print your Course Certificate and maintain for your records.
*This site does not maintain a copy of your Course Certificates.
SLPs we have you covered!
ASHA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- XceptionalED Certificate courses can be submitted to ASHA as an acceptable professional development activity.
- Courses are eligible as Certificate Maintenance Hours (CMH)
- Course Certificate will be emailed to you after you achieve 80% on the quiz.
- Reference Links:
- ASHA Record Keeping Requirements:
- ASHA Registry and ACE Award:
XED is not an ASHA approved CE provider and our courses will not be submitted to the ASHA CE registry.
XceptionalED courses will not count towards the ASHA ACE Award.
- No worries:
Just Print and/or Save your Course Certificates to include as CMH (Certificate Maintenance Hours) towards Professional Development CEUs.
XED is an approved Continuing Professional Development Provider by the Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board for the State of California SLP.