People who use communication devices must juggle multiple balls – WHO to talk to, WHEN to initiate, WHAT to say, and WHERE to find the language on their devices.
• Rehearse (WHERE to find language)
• Practice (adding WHAT to say)
• Model (adding WHO to talk to)
• Go (generalizing, using devices in multiple settings, and considering all elements)
1) Participants will summarize the Rehearse/ Practice/ Model -GO framework to teach and generalize language skills.
2) Participants will review at least three key apps including multiple applications of each to support language.
3) Participants will describe at least two interactive tasks for each of the four stages of generalization.
- Enroll in this course.
- Return to this course and click on “4. Watch Live Webinar” tab
at the designated Live Webinar time.
Need a Course Certificate?
- Achieve 80% on the Quiz
- Check your email for Course Certificate
All instructors receive income from course purchases at XceptionalED.
Caroline Musselwhite offers books and a CD for sale. She also makes free materials available to attendees, and will offer the CD at a greatly reduced price to attendees ($5 instead of $35) following the course.
Caroline will talk about materials from a variety of resources, including materials that will be generated by participants following this course.
Will I receive a Course Certificate?
YES ~ BY EMAIL
Achieve 80% on the quiz
Receive Certificate via email.
Save and/or Print your Course Certificate and maintain for your records.
*This site does not maintain a copy of your Course Certificates.
SLPs we have you covered!
ASHA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- XceptionalED Certificate courses can be submitted to ASHA as an acceptable professional development activity.
- Courses are eligible as Certificate Maintenance Hours (CMH)
- Course Certificate will be emailed to you after you achieve 80% on the quiz.
- Reference Links:
- ASHA Record Keeping Requirements:
- ASHA Registry and ACE Award:
XED is not an ASHA approved CE provider and our courses will not be submitted to the ASHA CE registry.
XceptionalED courses will not count towards the ASHA ACE Award.
- No worries:
Just Print and/or Save your Course Certificates to include as CMH (Certificate Maintenance Hours) towards Professional Development CEUs.
XED is an approved Continuing Professional Development Provider by the Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board for the State of California SLP.